Saturday, November 03, 2007

The 4T Conspiracy

I swear there is a conspiracy. Last year, it was the 3T Conspiracy; this year, it's the 4T conspiracy. I went looking for some pants for the boys. They're slowly outgrowing their 3T pants. In fact with some pairs, it looks like they'll be in floods in a matter of weeks if they keep growing like they are.

So, off to Target I go this morning to pick up some pants. I refuse to buy the same "stuff" at pricey places like Gymboree for them because 1: they outgrow them so fast and 2: they're really rough on their clothes. It's just not worth spending $20+ for a pair of navy blue cargo pants that I can find at Target for around $10. Besides, I've got two little boys to buy for at the same time and quite frankly, I don't have the energy to cart them around to the "swanky" stores when they barely have the tolerance to make it through a quick Target run.

I look through all the boys' racks. They seem to have every single size in stock except for 4T! Oh my goodness! GRRRR! I need to find them some pants like now and I don't have the time to cart them all over town to find them some pants that aren't too long in the leg and too big in the waist.

I found exactly one pair of 4T pants. ONE. Argh! I also caved and bought them some sweat pants. I was desperate to get them something. So, almost $40 later, I came out with 2 pair of sweat pants, one pair of navy pants and 2 long sleeved striped polo shirts. Whew.frickin'.who.

I hate shopping for boy clothes...I hate it even more when the pant's conspiracy hits me every single fall. :(

No comments: