Monday, November 05, 2007

And Commercialism Hits PBS

I'm so very, very annoyed with PBS Kids Sprout right now! The kids generally do not watch much t.v. I used to approve of PBS Kids Sprout because at least the shows there are pretty benign and there isn't any rampant commericalism. No commercials, just some cute vignettes between shows.

Apparently over the past few months, this has changed. We have gone from no commercials to commericals for cheezy c.d.s for tweens. That has now escalated for commericals for Fisher Price and commericals for drug companies peddling their news diaper cream. I looked forward to the kids being able to watch this station because I didn't have to deal with the kids asking for all the stupid stuff advertised. It was so nice to just let them watch Thomas the Tank Engine or Kipper the Dog every so often and not have them bombared with all those ads. Now, they're a matter of course and I'm very unhappy.


Now John and William have decided that they can not possibly live full and productive lives without the latest and the greatest toy advertised by Fisher Price. Sigh...and it begins all too soon. :(

No comments: