Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Tell Me a Story

You know the days when you look at your husband and wonder "What the HECK was I thinking?" Ya, come on. Admit it. There are days when he's done something not so brillant or is having "one of those days/weeks/months" that you wonder what made you giggle with delight and accept his marriage proposal all those years ago. I know I do.

Last night reminded me, however, quite clearly why I married him. He's just awesome with the kids. I knew when I met him he had a soft, caring heart. I knew having children with him would be a true partnership.

While I'm the go-to parent when someone's hurt or sad, he's the go-to guy for stories. I sat in the livingroom last night as he was putting the boys to bed. As usual, the boys asked for a story. So, down he sat and created the story of Anna the Elephant and how she saved a stranded tourist. It was too funny to listen to him playing all the parts. It was so good, that Maddy lept off the couch to join the boys for their story. After the story, he was commanded to sing the Anna the Elephant song. On the spot, he created a song that summarized the story perfectly to the theme "The Brady Bunch". :)

I think my heart melted all over again

No comments: