I love teaching, but after a few months, it gets to be rote and yes, sometime boring. I get stuck in a rut and feel very uncreative. I rely on the tried and true techniques and assignments because sometimes it just taxes my brains too much to be creative all over again.
Friday, I was lucky enough to get a sub so two of my Foreign Language cohorts and I could plan some lessons for our MYP Programme. We have to have one assessment per semester per class offered at our school. What a fantastic day I had! Seriously.
It was so nice to work with like-minded adults with a common purpose. We brainstormed, typed, reviewed, researched, laughed, giggled, joked around, worked some more, got creative, got "stupid", stretched ourselves in so many ways. It was great. We even impressed our MYP coorinator with our assginment template and assignment. We got a template done for two French classes and one Spanish class. We got one assignment done, from Essential Question to Rubrics for one French class with plans to flush out the other two assignments in the coming weeks.
The other really great thing was that we got to go out for lunch! Oh my goodness! It was fantastic. We went out for Vietnamese food that was just to die for. We shared appetizers and split and entree. YUM! It was so nice to get out of the classroom, out of the school, even if was only for a short time and feel human. It's weird for me to go out for lunch during the workday and see other working adults all there enjoying their hour or so lunch break, conversing, relaxing and getting geared up to finish up their work that afternoon.
I know after a good meal, some great conversation, and a nice jolt of espresso, I was reenergized and ready to get back to work! Can't wait 'til Semester 2 when we can do this again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
So happy to hear that your are re-energized! It will make the rest of the semester go by quickly.
BTW, a friend commented on my blog and my french is too rusty to translate...could you do it for me? (Ravie d'avoir de vos nouvelles madame!!
AmitiƩs
Sylvie) You are so sweet.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving!
Thanks for the comment! :)
The translation is as follows:
I'm thrilled to hear of your news, Madame! Sincerely/Aimably, Sylvie.)
Come visit again! :)
Thank you! I do check in..but time is short with this grad school stuff I'm doing.
Post a Comment