Sunday, November 25, 2007

We're Spending Money Like We're the Rockafellers...

or at least that's what my mother-in-law would say if she knew how much money we've spent this month! Heck, this weekend alone was enough to make my eyes pop out of my head! Let's see; we've had to replace my brakes at the beginning of the month, we had to replace the freezer this weekend, we bought new livingroom couches, and finally today we bought a coffee table to replace the Godzilla sized one we have had for the past six years. Oh, and let's not forget all the money that's been pouring out of our pockets for Christmas presents! The only good thing about that is that the kids are all bought for; including Santa presents and I just have to finish up Robin's gift and get gift cards for the step-kids and teachers.

Robin's been after me to get rid of that coffee table ever since we got it six years ago and I have finally agreed that it is indeed too large for our smallish living room. Oh, and ya, we got couches. I know I didn't mention it earlier, but they're really nothing to write home about. They're what I call the "work horse" couches. They're durable, good frames (guaranteed for life; we shall see as my last couches had major frame issues!) and the fabric is neutral so it will work. We will hang onto these for about five years and then I'll get what I really want. I'm hoping by then the kids will be out of their destructive stage and I'll not be out a ton of money.

I'm actually afraid to add up how much we've spent this month alone. I guess I can spend like the Rockafellers; the only problem is I just don't have access to their bank account!

No comments: