Thursday, November 01, 2007

Another Halloween Over

I love Halloween. I love seeing the kids get dressed up and out trick-or-treating in the neighborhood. It makes me feel a little less like an old foagy (did I even spell that right?) on Halloween to get caught up in the fun and revalry.









The kids had a grand old time this year. They boys are at the best age now for trick-or-treating. They get what they're supposed to do and they love the idea of getting candy for simply no reason. Maddy is the perfect age to chaperone them from the curb to the front door while we look on from a distance. Perfect! Thankfully the boys didn't try to actually walk into anyone's house like they did last year! hehehe!

This year, by some miracle, we got the kids to dress according to a theme. They went as the characters from Peter Pan! Whooohooo! A themed Halloween. I doubt we'll be able to do this too many more time in the future, so I was just thrilled to have it fall into my lap this year. Maddy was Tinker Bell. Can I just tell you how flippin' short the costume was? Holy smokes! If she bent over, you'd see her whole backside! Thankfully, I talked her into wearing her fairy dress from last Halloween to her school Halloween Parade yesterday. I have a feeling if I hadn't, Sister Carol would have been calling to inform me that we had sent in a hoochie mama costume with my daughter and to come pick her up immediately!




William was Captain Hook. I really think John's looks suit him better for this costume, but that's what William wanted, so that's what he got, by golly!



John was adament that he would be Peter Pan. Isn't he the cutest little Peter Pan you've ever seen? ;)

We walked around our neighborhood and tricked-or-treated at about three streets before we came home and gave everyone one treat from their buckets and shuffled them off to bed.

Can't wait to see what they want to dress up as next Halloween!

No comments: