Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I Guess I Earned It, Right?

I'm taking my first "sick day" today. Why? Because John puked four times total yesterday and I figured it just wasn't fair to subject our daycare provider or any of the other kids there to his royal sickness. He threw up yesterday at home before we left. I took his temperature and he was fine. He acted fine. He was upset about throwing up, but no decline in his interest to play with and torment his siblings, so I figured it was just an upset tummy and off he went to daycare.

Except that at daycare he apparently threw up another two times but no one called me to retreive him. Nor did they call Robin. I gave him soup for dinner and he promptly threw that up too. Great. So I took the day off today. I, myself, have been feeling cruddy for a while. Not sick, perse, but not myself. I've been getting a lot of headaches that refuse to go away and I'm quite tired, so I guess I've earned our sick day together.

I get nervous about using sick days so early in the fall because I've been stung before with having to juggle schedules in the Spring when someone inevitably gets sick and my number of leave days have dwindled to almost nothing. It then becomes the challenge of "Who's Job is More Important Today" between Robin and I. I hate that . Not to mention, three years ago, I ended up using every single sick day and personal day I had that year because both the boys were hospitalized with bronchiolitus (I know that's not spelled correctly) and pneumonia. Fabulous. That led me to have only the minimun number of sick days/personal days the next year and I crossed my fingers nothing terrible would descend upon our house that next year. Thankfully, I was able to transfer all my unused sick days from the following two years over so I am ok, but again, I worry that something catastrophic will hit us and wipe out all my days.

On a totally different note, I've been messing around with blogger and my header. I finally figured out how to get a picture there. My problem now is I can't get the title to go any bigger or any darker. Any experts out there who can help a chica out? I'd be much indebted!

Have a happy and healthy day!

Edited to Add: Well then. I guess I'm not as dense as I thought I was. It's either that or blogger's pretty easy to navigate. I figured out my header. Whoooppeeee! ;) I guess I'm a little more techno-savvy than I thought! ;)

No comments: