Dang, I'm at work and I'm going to be here for another five hours. Ugh! Parent-Teacher Conferences today. I guess I can't complain seeing as I got out early on Friday, but what a way to start the work week. And it's gonna be a crazy busy one at that.
Today I've got these conferences; four total that span the stupid 5 hours. Ugh! So much for being a "Specials" teacher. Regardless, I'm here so I'll just use the time inbetween to get some notes ready for the week, copy whatever needs to be copied etc.
Tomorrow, Maddy has to bring in a Pumpkin Pie. Apparently, they will be having a Thanksgiving Program on Thursday. Thankfully, I've already baked the pie. Did that yesterday. I also pulled out her Native American costume to wear for the Program. Now I just need to figure out whether we're supposed to have wrapped our shoe box for Project Christmas Child or not. Her teacher's note doesn't specify and I'm confused.
Wednesday Maddy gets her very first report card! I can't believe it! I'm sure she'll do fine, but still, I'm a little nervous. Sometimes being a teacher is not a good thing when it comes to your kids. You know exactly what is going through their minds when they're writing up the report cards as well as the fact that they'd probably rather be home than discussing your child with you into the wee hours of the evening. I hope she doesn't sugar coat anything for me, though. I'm always worried Maddy will be as unsettled at school as she can be at home; sprinting from one activity to another and that worries me a little at school where she needs to be on task for a while.
Anyway, Thursday is Ballet. This will be the last one of the current semester. We'll do the Bridge sessions: 3 sessions over 6 weeks until the Winter semester begins in January. It'll be nice to have a little break from that.
Friday are the Parent-Teacher-Student Conferences at Maddy's school. Thankfully, we have an afterschool time slot so we can go without having to take a day off of work. Maddy will be present at this conference so it should be interesting. She doesn't take criticism well, so I'm hoping her teacher will focus a lot on the positives and not have too many negatives to share. I know she needs to learn to deal with things that aren't always rosey, but she's such a pain to deal with when she hears criticism of any kind.
Saturday....AHHHHH! I'm longing for Saturday already so I can sleep...hopefully!
Have a happy week everyone!
Monday, November 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment