It seems like the charity debacle is being straightened out in the best way possible at this point. For a brief (ok, maybe not so brief!) summary of the events that transpired, read this entry.
Robin got ahold of them yesterday and explained the whole situation. He moved up the chain of command, so to speak, and finally got some manager who was supposed to call him back. She was trying to track down the booster seat. That's really the only item I need back. The missing Big Wheels broke my heart, but one was breaking and it wasn't the easiest "bike" for the boys to peddle, so it's not the greatest loss. Anyway, he didn't get a call back yesterday, but he did today.
Turns out they can't find the items. The supervisor says she spoke with the driver who swears he didn't touch those items. Ya. Whatever, buddy. I don't think they just walked off on their own. They were out there long enough that if they were going to be stolen, they would have been already. Anyway, she said she'd settle with us and send us a check for $100 to replace the items. Eh, it won't replace all of them, but I'll take it.
What's absolutely chapping my hide right now is that she wants us to return the tax receipt they left. Uh, HUH? Thankfully my husband doesn't have a problem putting people in their place. He gently reminded her that her staff TOOK ITEMS OFF OUR PORCH THAT WERE NOT LABELLED so that we have every right to a tax receipt. Granted, the items weren't intended for the Purple Heart, but they took 'em, so I'm claiming it!
After this whole debacle, I feel like I don't ever want to contribute/donate to the Purple Heart again. I know they do good work with Veterns, and I respect that, but after this incident, it's really soured me on them. It might take some time before I feel like I can contribute to them again.
Thankfully, this issue has been resolved and I will continue to declutter my house in the upcoming months to donate to other charitable causes that will come to my door to collect my "stuff".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment