It's going to be a hodge-podge of an entry today for my last day of participating in NaBloPoMo, so bear with me.
I went to the Doctor's again this afternoon. All my tests were fine. He checked out my thyroid, my liver and kidney enzymes (or whatever the heck they check when they look at those two organs), did a complete blood count (a CBC; I feel so "cool" now that I understand what some of the medical abbreviations mean...sad, I know), a test for Lyme Disease and a fasting glucose test. Everything was fine. He was slightly concerned about my glucose level as it was slightly elevated, but nothing major. So, I have to go again soon and get retested. Hopefully I will make it there tomorrow if things aren't crazy. Things are likely to get crazy though.
I have to go for that retest and he's going to check out my ANA (heck if I can remember what the abbreviation means now; guess you'll need to take my "cool" badge away now!) and see if there's some sort of immunilogical issue. We ruled out a Sleep Study as I had one only a couple of years ago. He also, very gingerly and sensitively said that maybe working on my weight would be a good idea as I'm feeling achy in my lower joints as well (hips, ankles). While he doesn't think that's the reason I'm feeling cruddy, it certainly is a good thing to do. I agree wholeheartedly with him.
Here's my issue: by the time I get all the "stuff" done in my day, I'm EXHAUSTED beyond measure. It feels like it would need an act of God to get my butt in motion. I'm nonstop "go-go-go!" from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. between morning routine, work, afternoon routine and bedtime routine. Yes, I know it is an excuse, but when I'm feeling tired, and hurting from muscle and joint pain, the very, very , very last thing I feel like doing is popping in an exercise dvd or going to the gym. Ya, I guess it's a cop-out and I need to make ME a priority. I have been trying to do that for over five years. I'll let ya know when that actually happens. :s
Let's see...what else. Oh, yeah. Robin and I have had no less than five "disagreements" tonight which have made me insanely angry. They aren't the be-all and end-all of everything, but I'm in such a foul mood that this is making it worse. ARGH!
I think we'll finally be getting rid of our old coffee table this weekend. That will be nice. We've got our new one ready to take it's place, so I'm anxious for my nephew to show up and take it away.
This weekend is going to be such a rip off for me. Saturday morning will be running to the clinic for blood tests and prescription refills. The afternoon is reserved for taking Maddy to a birthday party and the evening will be dedicated to the St. Nicholas Festival at the school with the kids being able to shop at the Secret Santa Shoppe and visit with Santa. Hey, if it gets me out of taking the kids to see the mall Santa, I'm good!
Sunday is another birthday party. Robin's taking the boys to a friend's place for an afternoon of football. In between, I'm going to have to get groceries, laundry and my week's lesson plans for next week done. Yep...this should be fun.
On a positive note, I actually made it through a month of posting daily. I made it! Whohooo!
Friday, November 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
You made it to the finish line! Congrats!
I'm glad there is nothing obviously wrong with you, but on the flip side it sucks because there isn't an answer yet.
My weekend looks about the same. :(
Congrats!!! You made it - every single day for a whole month!! And I've checked in almost every day, too, even though I haven't posted. Sorry to hear that you've been feeling bad. Glad it's nothing serious, but a reason, and, especially a solution would be welcomed. Hang in there!
Congrats, again!! Great job!
~ Cyn <3
It sounds like you may be going through a similar health issue that I had some months back. I've found that by cutting out the majority of the white stuff in my diet and faithfully taking Cell FX that my days of pain are fewer. I literally had days where a hug from my children had me biting back tears. I have an unofficial diagnosis of fibromyalgia (sp???, it's still early here). You may want to do your own research on it and see if your symptoms line up. It sucks to be in pain.
Post a Comment