Thursday, November 29, 2007

November: What a Month

I can't believe tomorrow's the last day of November! Wow! It feels like the month just flew by! Right now, I'm going through a rough patch health-wise. Actually, my rough patch started about six months ago and it just hasn't really ended.

Around May/June of this year, I started to feel really run down, tired and cranky beyond measure. Just going up the steps had me dragging my sorry butt. I just figured I was tired because of school. It's always difficult to get through the last few weeks of school with all the pressures of finishing up curriculum, preparing the kids for finals, grading finals, report cards. You get the picture. It's exhausting.

I never felt like I really recovered through the summer. I blamed it on the 12 hour drive to Canada and back. I blamed it on having the responsibility of the kids 24/7 totally on me while we were there. I thought it was because I had to keep the kids busy, that it was wearing me down. Now I started noticing that my muscles in various places were hurting. They were sore, but again, I just dismissed it.

School started back and the symptoms were still plaguing me. Again, the start of school is busy and stressful, so I didn't think twice that I was tired, achy and headachy. However, by mid-October, it just wasn't going away. I have been feeling worse and worse as time goes on. It's to the point where I feel like someone's hit me all over with a baseball bat. My muscles and joints hurt so badly they throb. I want to cry just thinking of it. I don't sleep well. I am crabby with the kids. I'm crabby some days with my students. I have to work really, really hard to be pleasant and professional with my collegues. It's exhausting.

Tomorrow I have a second doctor's appointment for this. I went in October (when I put my back out!) and he ran tests. Everything came back fine, so I have to go back again and see what we'll do next. I hope that he can suggest something because I can't continue like this. It's been so bad this week that by the time I go to bed, I'm crying from the pain.

Not feeling well sucks. :(

2 comments:

kimberly/tippytoes said...

Let us know how it goes! I hope your doctor has some good ideas on what it could be.

Suzy said...

i hope you and your doc can figure out what is plaguing you. feel better soon!