I was so happy the day the "Do Not Call Registry" was formed and we could add our number to the enormously long list so that telemarketers wouldn't call. As much as I want to be sympathetic to them; realizing that someone has to do this stinky job, they can be so pushy that I've given up being polite to them and just ask them pointedly, with a very not nice tone to my voice, to take my name off their list and that I'm on the Do Not Call List. We've eliminated almost everyone calling other than the pesky "Police/Firefighter" people. They make me nuts, but that's a post for another day.
So, I lived in my happy world of no telemarketers until Wednesday of this week. I was sitting poolside watching the kids in the water when my cell rang. I rummaged through my purse, flipped it over and greeted with a warm "Hello!" expecting it to be Robin as he had flown out that day and I was expecting his call that he had arrived home safely. Instead, I got the voice of some lovely young woman who wanted me to take a poll. Um...WHAT? How the HELL did she get my UNLISTED CELLPHONE NUMBER! She was calling in the middle of the day to poll me while my phone is now on long-distance charges as I'm out of the country. Um OH HELL TO THE NO, darlin'! As politely as I could with my tone of voice being matter of fact, I informed said person that no, I didn't want to take a poll and secondly she was calling on my cell phone costing me mucho bucks! I was not impressed.
Today, as we're coming home from the pool, the same thing happens, only a different company, different lady telemarketer. I was so ticked that I basically yelled at her while she bid my goodbye and a good day. I may not have impressed her with my manners, but I think I left no doubt about whether to try calling me back again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment