Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Lazy Saturday

Well, the best laid plans have fallen awry. My grand plan today was to get up and get the kiddos moving. Maddy has homework to do for the beginning of the school year (yes, real homework that will be collected. Yeesh!), so I figured we'd start that, do some crafty "stuff" (what? No idea. I was going to make it up as we went along!). Lunch and then the pool.

Well, I got really into my book and just sat in my pj's all morning while the kids did whatever. They colored a bit, watched some t.v., played with some of their toys. I started lunch a little later than I'd intended. Lathered them up with sunscreen to head to the pool when the clouds came in with thunder, lightening and rain and voila! Lazy day Saturday was created.

A couple more weeks and I'll be home. I enjoy coming to visit family, but there are times when I would love to sleep in my own bed and just veg out without feeling like I'm "wasting" time or opportunities. Robin will be back in about 10 days and the kids start their swimming lessons Monday. I'm looking forward to some beach time tomorrow and relaxing in the warm sunshine! Enjoy your Saturday! :D

1 comment:

Kerry McKibbins said...

I have to tell you, I love the idea of letting the kids do whatever while I sit and read a book. Love it.
Sounds like it was a perfect day - minus the thunder etc, lol.