Last night was just incredibly aweful trying to get the kids to bed. I have no idea why since we'd been to the beach and I figured that being in the water and sun and sand all day would have worn them out. Apparently it did not.
Maddy was awake at 9:30 p.m. which is really quite late for her. She was in tears and couldn't tell me what upset her. Just tears and a stuffy nose. She couldn't sleep because her nose was stuffy. Her nose was stuffy because she kept crying. On and on the circle went. Ugh!
Top that off with the fact that my beloved husband can snore to wake the dead and I have no where to send him to like I do at home and you can say that few of us got a decent night's sleep. Oh, and did I mention my dad hasn't turned on the air conditioning? Oh, and that it's fricking hot here? No? Well, he didn't and it's hot. Too hot to sleep comfortably and I'm downstairs where it's usually much cooler. ~sigh~
Today, I took the kids to the neighbourhood pool (notice my Canadian spelling there? I figure while in Rome...yadda yadda yadda). They were there for over three hours. Oh, and we walked the six blocks to get there. And they played the entire time! Whooohoooo!
We got home and they are pooped. John and William have already fallen asleep once. I'm giving them about another hour before pj's and goodnights are said. I need for them to sleep because they are cranky monsters if they don't. I think we may be headed for the pool much, much more often these next couple of weeks. Whooohooo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Ooh.. I'd kill for a swimming pool right now!
Post a Comment