Thursday, July 03, 2008

The Joys Of Home Ownership

You know they're bound to happen. You know they will. Repairs. To your home. That are costly. I hate home repairs with a vengence only because they seem to happen at the exact moment we let our guard down a little. I was hoping for a nice cushion in our emergency fund this week and VOILA! Our heat pump/AC decides to go on the fritz. Lovely.

So, a call into the A/C repair place and 2 hours later, I get landed with a lovely $507 bill and a "patch" to get us through (hopefully!) the rest of the summer. Lovely. Apparently our heating/cooling system is as old as the house...which is about 24 years old. So I can't really complain, but man! It just hits at the exact wrong time. I guess it could be worse. We could have had our heat die in the middle of a freezing winter. Still...a $5000 bill to replace the system is just a bit out of our reach right now.

The joys of home ownership no one tells you about. Well, on the bright side, MasterCard (Robin has the check book and the money will be transferred to pay off the card tonight from our Emergency Fund) loves me and I'll get 507 points....whoo.frickin'.hooo. ~sigh~

1 comment:

Suzy said...

Wow, quite a hit. I hope the patch gets you through this summer...and more summers to come.