Ok, it's not new news, but it still amazes me how well Maddy can read! She'll be entering first grade and she can read Level 3 readers! Whoohoo! Her Kindergarten teacher suggested she practice over the summer with Level 1 and 2 readers. We started with those and she was doing really well with them.
When we went to the library last time, she selected some more books/readers to read. The chart at the library showed that blue dot books are Level 1, red dot books are Level 2 and pink dot books are Level 3. I didn't realize it until we got home that of the three books she picked out, only one was Level 2. The red and the pink dots look so similiar that in our hurry to check out, I didn't realize that they weren't red, but pink.
We've been slogging through A Bargain For Frances. It's a bit tougher for her, but she's doing alright. It's a challenge, but she's rising to it very nicely. Now the only thing I would love to ingrain in her is to stop guessing what the word is based on the beginning letter and actually LOOK at the letters in the word. Otherwise, I'm quite pleased with her ability so far and I can't wait to see her become a fully independant reader sometime soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Go Maddy! It is exciting...until she starts reading blogs over your shoulder. Clover always seems to do this when I am reading something not quite G rated. (Which makes it sounds like I am reading something "adult," but I promise I am not!)
Post a Comment