Thursday, July 17, 2008

My Hat's Off To Single Moms

because I seriously do not know how you do it every single day all alone. I'm not technically "alone" on vacation, but most everything is left to me in terms of keeping the kiddos occupied and out of trouble. Thankfully, my dad does the cooking for dinner, but still...yikes! I'm about to pull every last strand of my hair out (and I have a very full, thick set of hair follicles!).

I can't think of all the patience and organization it must take to raise the kids essentially alone. It's such an awesome undertaking that I know I'd flunk badly at. My kids haven't gone a day yet without bickering and carrying on with each other. While that's very normal, having almost no one to help me not go berserk every time Maddy whines that high pitched painful whine, isn't pleasant. I just want to shut myself away somewhere and not come out for hours. Unfortunately, that's not possible. I realize if I were doing this solo 24/7 I wouldn't last long.

Our summer vacation is over in almost a week. I know I can make it 'til Robin get's back here on the 23rd. Until then, just pray for me, ok?

3 comments:

CzaMama said...

I'm so there with you! T is gone for 2 weeks and it's just me. I even told one of my single mom friends the other day that I give her TONS of credit!

Hang in there...it could be worse.

Suzy said...

ITA. DH leaves tomorrow for a week and I'm mentally preparing myself for chaos, exhaustion and bland food.

Lisa said...

Ummmmm, my hat's off to you F. I only have one child and you have THREE and make it look easy!