Thursday, July 24, 2008

What A Nice Day!

Today was probably one of the nicest days I've had while on vacation. It was really low-key, but so relaxing and fun!

To start off with, Robin got up with the kids this morning! Ahhh, sweet, sweet heaven! Unfortunately, I got up anyway simply because I really couldn't sleep anymore; but it was really nice to not have to be the one to get up this time. After breakfast, we took Maddy and William to swimming lessons. I've just pulled John out as I can't handle the stress it causes me to see him not attempt anything. I figure in time, he'll be ready. Until then, I am not going to sweat it. The kids did fantastic at their lesson and even "swam" in the diving well (over 8' deep! EEKS! I've never swum in there and this is my childhood pool!) using lifevests. I'm really very proud of them! Tomorrow is their last lesson.

Afterwards, we spent about 45 minutes at the playground right beside the pool to pass the time as we were going to meet some good friends of mine at 12:30....we had over an hour to kill. We finally got to the restaurant and met up with my good friend Donna and her husband Bruno along with their two sweet boys. The kids got along amazingly well and we had an 1.5 hour lunch. After lunch we hit the playground across the street for a couple of hours just talking while the kids played. Then to the mall at the other side of the road and shopped (I window shopped!) for an hour.

We got home and I feel so happy. I had a great time catching up with my friend. I'm so sad we had to say goodbye, but I look forward to catching up with her more by phone, email and visiting whenever we get the chance.

What a great way to spend the day! :D

1 comment:

FlipFlop Mom said...

Oh.. that does sound like a wonderful day!!! It rained.. and rained... and rained here...!!

Having lunch with great friends is the BEST too!!