I've been bemoaning my children's lack of swimming ability for the last three years. It scares the pants off me that they don't know how to swim yet. I don't want them to be Olympic swimmers (although it would be kinda cool, no?), but I do want them to know how to move in the water and how to get to the surface and stay there. I want them to have some water safety knowledge so I can relax a little while they're in the pool without me being in there every single second. Because let's face it, mommy in the wading pool is not a pretty sight--trust me!
Anyway, I lucked out. I heard a lady speaking to the head lifeguard at the community pool yesterday. She was saying that "he says to put her in Little Fish, Level 2. That ok? Can I sign her up?" YES! Swimming lessons! Excellent! I hadn't gotten to it too late. I marched myself over to the counter and asked the lady on duty. She had no clue, but I did get a registration form from her. I then got the chance to speak to the head lifeguard himself, Justin.
Justin was very helpful. He told me to fill out the form, hand it in tomorrow and he would create a class; Sea Turtles just for my kidlets! Whooohooo! Apparently, this class doesn't actually exisit in the brochure, but he's going to have it anyway. Yes!
I filled out the forms, brought them in today and paid my $42 per kid. Can I just tell you how reasonable that is for two weeks worth of lessons? It's an amazing deal. Less than $5 per day. And in a very small group. Just my kids. I'd have paid twice that for their lessons. Excellent.
So, they're all signed up. They will start on Monday. Justin will call to tell me what time, but it will be in the morning. Excellent. Now I have something else to keep them occupied with until Robin returns on the 23rd. Maddy's super excited. William is excited. John wants nothing to do with swimming lessons, but I think I can "talk him into it" by Monday. I'm assuming references to Superman and Spiderman will be made bigtime...as in "You know, Spiderman knows how to swim. Superman thinks learning to swim is a great thing!" I'm hoping these arguments work as well for swimming as they did for getting them to eat all the food from their dinner plates!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment