Saturday, July 19, 2008

That's IT! I've HAD It!

I want to go home, NOW! I've just had it with this vacation. I'm done. Just done. Like, "stick a fork in me" kind of done. Why did I think this was a good idea? Three weeks, at my dad's, two weeks alone with the kids? What was I thinking!?!

John has been a nightmare for days now. Obstinate, bull-headed, stubborn: whatever you want to call it, I'm SICK of it. He's making me crazy and his siblings aren't helping the matter. I've been on him like crazy this week because he's been super duper irritating and now Maddy's acting like she doesn't have to include him in her games...which of course makes John into a bigger pain than he was previously. See, he's the kid who's going to annoy you more if you don't include him than if you'd just let him play in the first place.

I've just drained all my discipline stores and I'm spent. I need Robin to come back and help me. I need to be in my own house where the kids can run around and play. Where I can feel less worried about what others think of my parenting skills (or lack thereof). Where all of us are more comfortable and at home.

I hate that I turn into a crazy woman when we're away from home for so long. Trying to mend a broken relationship with my dad and raising three kids just ain't all that easy. I'm tired. Just plain tired. I want to go home. :(

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Oh, big hugs to you! It sounds like it hasn't been easy at all. I hope things turn around quickly!