Last night, I met up with three great ladies I've known a good six or more years. We'd orginally been part of a largish group of about 9-12 ladies who'd meet up once a month for book club. Unfortunately, our group slowly got smaller and smaller as the years went on, some stopped coming, others moved. Our discussions also tended to be about everything except the book we were supposed to have read.
So, one of our members decided we should just forget the books, since we just talked about life in general most times, and have a dinner club. Once a month one of the members picks a new (to us) restaurant and we have dinner and great conversation. Usually, it goes on forever and we eventually leave the restaurant (with a generous tip, of course!) to get some coffee and dessert. It's been such great fun to catch up once a month, have a nice meal and relax sans kids.
We went to an Italian place called Agrodolce last night. Normally, I don't go to Italian restaurants as I can make most of what they serve myself...and usually it's better. But this place was really quite good. I was duly impressed! I had fettucini with crab, shrimp and a vodka sauce. YUM! The others' dishes looked lovely as well--butternut squash gnocchi and some ravioli and lasagna. All looked delish; I may have to go back again with Robin one day...especially since it's about 2 minutes away!
We had a lovely time chatting, catching up, sharing our vacation stories. I can't wait 'til next month. It's my turn to choose. I wonder where we'll go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment